Making the most of your connection – Investigate WiFi
If you are using WiFi you;
- may not be sitting where the WiFi is at its best;
- may be sharing the WiFi with other users in the same house;
- try connecting your computer with an ethernet lead;
and if you can’t use a lead
- stop others using your WiFi for a period of time while you investigate
- You should try using your laptop close to the router and its access point to see if that improves the performance.
- If performance improves then you need to work here or add a range extender to allow the WiFi to work adequately at the point where you wish to work in the house.
- If that doesn’t improve performance sufficiently then carry on to Investigate broadband connection.